2 Tommy Bahama Backpack Cooler Beach Chairs (1 Green and 1 Blue Striped)This Tommy Bahama beach chair tops the reviews when it comes to John and me enjoying our beach vacations.
The fact that this little beach chair is portable yet functional means that we tote it everywhere with us. And, with the attached backpack straps, it’s easier than ever to tote it along. John particularly likes the little cooler attached to the back of the chair – he’ll fill it up with ice and a six pack of beer. I’ve been known to stuff a whole picnic lunch in the cooler. And, if it’s pockets you’re after, this chair has them all (well it has a cell phone holder, cup holder, and zippered storage pocket in the back.
Tommy Bahama Beach Chair Pros
- As mentioned above, the attached cooler is just large enough. And, it’s nice to not have to bring along extra gear since we can store so much in these beach chairs.
- There’s 5 different reclining positions (including flat) in which the chair can be set. This
makes it very comfortable for everyone.
- The addition of a cell phone pocket means that our phones are safe and non-sandy.
- The attached pillow can be adjusted up or down depending on the beachcomber’s needs.
- This beach chair is very comfortable to wear as a backpack, leaving the hands free (ostensibly for a beer…).
- If you like to sit in the water, this chair works perfectly well.
- This beach chair has a folding towel bar so you can hang a damp towel on the back – note, this area is not really big enough for a large beach towel.
- 300 lb capacity (for those who really love beer….).
- There is a bar across the front of the legs where the thighs rest. This bar makes it uncomfortable for me to lie on my stomach when the chair is flat. I prefer beach chairs that have only webbing in this area. If you’re like me, check out my review of the Picnic Time Reclining Camp Chair.
- Not as much of a product con as a product specification but this is a lower beach chair than a lot of others on the market. This means that it can be a challenge both getting into it and out of it.
- Folding it back up is a little tricky. I’ve finally figured out that, if I step on one of the folding legs and push, it goes right into it’s carrying state. There is a little latching hinge that has to give in order to fold it up. Slight learning curve.
Additional Author Comments
If you’re a dedicated beach person, this lightweight, easily portable Tommy Bahama Beach Chair with the Backpack is for you. With enough pockets to carry suntan lotion, books, beer, phones, iPads, etc, what more could one need? We’ve had our beach chairs for 3 years now and they’re still as good as new – no fading, rusting, etc. You’ll be pleased with this purchase.